Sunday, November 29, 2015

Team 2- Sunday night

Today was our traveling day.  We traveled 9 hours from Guatemala City to San Marcos.  Along the way we stopped in Xela to pick up the drill and all of our supplies for the week.  On our long ride I was listening to the book of John and thinking about how our work this week will benefit the village we're serving.  Three basic things came to mind. Their eternal salvation, freedom from sin and the joy in knowing and serving Christ.  The part that jumped out to me was the freedom from their sins.  Growing up as a Christian it's easy to forget how destructive sin is and how great it is to be set free from it!  I considered what my life would be like without Christ and what sins I may had fallen into.  It makes me so grateful for what Christ has done for me and it gives me extra joy when serving Him this week!  The work we're doing here will change lives forever and free people from their sins.  What a great call God has given us!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment